Houston Personal Injury Attorney Upholding Your Legal Rights
Experienced Attorney in Texas Handling Brain, Spinal Cord and Fatal Accident Claims
Unless it has happened to you or someone you love, you can never truly understand the toll that suffering a catastrophic injury takes on your life and the lives of your family. Having your world torn apart in an instant is not something that you or anyone else is ever prepared to endure, let alone overcome. Just to be able to cope with their situation, catastrophic injury survivors and the families of fatal injury victims must deal with:
- A mountain of hospital bills and rehabilitation expenses
- Learning to live without a loved one who they expected to be a part of their lives for decades to come
- Adjusting to life with a debilitating injury, including no longer being able to take care of themselves without assistance
- Suffering a loss of income because their injury prevents them from continuing to work fulltime or at all
Houston personal injury attorney Phillip Brantley has been helping catastrophic injury victims and their families since 1989. During that time, Phillip Brantley & Associates, P.C. has faced off against negligent individuals and businesses as well as large insurance companies and their legal departments. Nothing about the personal injury litigation process intimidates us. We are equally at home representing you at a negotiating table or in a courtroom.
It is free to talk with Attorney Brantley about your case without any obligation to hire him. He will explain your rights, lay out your options and answer any questions you have about the process. This is information you need to know to make an informed decision about your future. Call us as soon as possible. There are often deadlines to file personal injury cases, and evidence in these cases needs to be gathered and preserved right away or it might not be able to help you.
Types of Catastrophic Injuries
Generally, an injury is considered catastrophic if the injury is debilitating, the victim will never fully recover from the injury and the injury is severe enough to be life altering. As such, there are several different types of catastrophic injuries, including but not limited to:
- Spinal cord injury and paralysis – This type of injury can leave you without the ability to walk or in some cases, feel anything from the neck down. In many cases, you will either have to live in a nursing home or have fulltime or part-time assistance from a caregiver in your home.
- Traumatic brain injury (TBI) – Not only can a TBI change your life, it can also change who you are. In certain cases, brain injuries can literally alter your personality, turning you into a person who you nor your loved ones recognize. Generally, TBIs cause victims to suffer migraines, emotional problems, memory loss, post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) and cognitive issues.
- Loss of limb/amputation injury – This generally involves the loss of a hand, foot, leg or arm at the time of the injury or during medical treatment because of the injury.
- Vision loss/eye injury – This can involve partial loss of vision in one or both eyes or complete blindness in one or both eyes.
- Hearing loss – Also known as acoustic trauma, hearing loss injuries can be partial, with the person still able to hear to a limited degree with one or both ears, or complete, with the person being completely hearing impaired in one or both ears.
- Burn injury – Burn injuries are extremely painful. They can leave the victim disfigured and depending on the severity of the burn, these injuries can take a very long time to heal, including multiple surgeries, skin grafts and a lengthy rehabilitation process.
- Broken bones – In addition to being very painful, severely broken bones, such as an arm, leg or foot, can require multiple surgeries to correct. Moreover, even with corrective surgeries, victims may never fully be rid of the injury. Victims may have to have screws put in during surgery to stabilize the bone. In some cases, arthritis can develop in the area where the injury occurred. Victims may also never be able to use the limb where a bone break happened as well ever again, even following physical therapy.
Experienced Houston Personal Injury Attorney for Catastrophic Injury Claims. Se Habla Español!
The attorneys representing the reckless person or business that injured you or your loved one will use every legal means they can to discredit you and your case to avoid taking responsibility for the pain and suffering they caused you and your family. You need legal representatives who know what they are doing defending your rights.
Attorney Phillip Brantley is just a phone call away. To schedule a free consultation with Houston personal injury lawyer Phillip Brantley, give us a call or fill out our online contact form today. Se habla español.