Accident Cause Severe Back Injury?
Houston Spinal Cord Injury Lawyer Handling Back Injury Lawsuits
Houston spinal cord injury lawyer Phillip Brantley has nearly three decades of experience fighting for the rights of spinal cord and back injury victims and their families. He faces off against negligent individuals and businesses, as well as their insurance companies, as an aggressive advocate for his clients.
Spinal cord and back injuries can cost victims and their families everything, including:
- Burying them under debt due to hospital bills, rehabilitation and physical therapy cost and long-term care expenses
- Robbing them of the opportunity to continue to share their life with a loved one whose life is cut short due to a spinal cord injury
- Victims losing the ability to live on their own without the assistance of a caregiver at home or being confined to a nursing home
- Adjusting to an entirely new lifestyle due to the limitations of their spinal cord injury
Generally, if your back was injured due to the negligence of another person or a business, you should be able to hold the party at fault accountable for your and your family’s pain and suffering through a lawsuit. Damages from a civil lawsuit are designed to provide you and your family with compensation for your medical costs, long-term care expenses and even your mental anguish.
At Phillip Brantley & Associates, P.C., while we are very comfortable representing clients at the negotiating table, we are always prepared to go to trial if that is what it takes to secure the compensation our clients need to better their lives. You can speak to Attorney Brantley for free about your situation and discuss what your legal rights are and what your best options are moving forward. It is very important that you talk to an experienced attorney as soon as possible after the incident, because there may be statute of limitations placing a time limit on how long you have to file an injury or wrongful death claim. In addition, evidence necessary to your case needs to be gathered and preserved or it could be lost.
Types of Back Injuries
Back and spinal cord injuries can happen due to a variety of reasons:
- Auto accidents and truck accidents
- Slip and fall accidents
- Workplace accidents
- Recreational sports
- Physical violence and battery
Common types of spinal cord and back injuries include:
- Cervical Radiculopathy – Compression and other types of damage to the nerve roots in and around the cervical vertebrae. Cervical radiculopathy is usually the result of a ruptured disc or a catastrophic injury that puts pressure on the nerve roots in the cervical vertebrae.
- Spondylolisthesis – A slipped vertebra at the base of the spine. This type of injury is generally the result of a traumatic accident or a stress fracture.
Houston Spinal Cord Injury Lawyer for Back Injury Lawsuits. Se Habla Español!
To speak with experienced Houston spinal cord injury lawyer Phillip Brantley for free about your back injury and what the best options are for you and your family, fill out our online contact form or call us directly today.