Houston Personal Injury Attorney Upholding Your Legal Rights
Experienced Attorney in Texas Handling Brain, Spinal Cord and Fatal Accident Claims
Unless it has happened to you or someone you love, you can never truly understand the toll that suffering a catastrophic injury takes on your life and the lives of your family. Having your world torn apart in an instant is not something that you are ever prepared to overcome. Just to be able to cope with their situation, catastrophic injury survivors and the families of fatal injury victims must deal with:
- A mountain of hospital bills and rehabilitation expenses
- Learning to live without a loved one who they expected to be a part of their lives for decades to come
- Adjusting to life with a debilitating injury, including no longer being able to take care of themselves without assistance
- Suffering a loss of income because their injury prevents them from continuing to work fulltime or at all
Houston personal injury attorney Phillip Brantley has been helping catastrophic injury victims and their families since 1989. During that time, Phillip Brantley & Associates, P.C. has faced off against negligent individuals and businesses as well as large insurance companies and their legal departments. Nothing about the personal injury litigation process intimidates us. We are equally at home representing you at a negotiating table or in a courtroom.
Types of Catastrophic Injuries
Generally, an injury is considered catastrophic if the injury is debilitating. As such, there are several different types of catastrophic injuries, including but not limited to:
- Spinal cord injury and paralysis – This type of injury can leave you without the ability to walk or in some cases, feel anything from the neck down. In many cases, you will either have to live in a nursing home or have fulltime or part-time assistance from a caregiver in your home.
- Traumatic brain injury (TBI) – Not only can a TBI change your life, it can also change who you are. In certain cases, brain injuries can literally alter your personality, turning you into a person who you nor your loved ones recognize.
- Loss of limb/amputation injury – This generally involves the loss of a hand, foot, leg or arm at the time of the injury or during medical treatment because of the injury.
- Vision loss/eye injury – This can involve partial loss of vision in one or both eyes or complete blindness in one or both eyes.
- Hearing loss – Also known as acoustic trauma, hearing loss injuries can be partial, with the person still able to hear to a limited degree with one or both ears, or complete, with the person being completely hearing impaired in one or both ears.
- Burn injury – Burn injuries are extremely painful. They can leave the victim disfigured. Depending on the severity of the burn, these injuries can take a very long time to heal. These injuries can often involve multiple surgeries, skin grafts and a lengthy rehabilitation process.
- Broken bones – In addition to being very painful, severely broken bones can require multiple surgeries to correct. Moreover, even with corrective surgeries, victims may never fully be rid of the injury.
Experienced Houston Personal Injury Attorney for Catastrophic Injury Claims. Se Habla Español!
The attorneys representing the reckless person will use every legal means they can to discredit you and your case. They do this to avoid taking responsibility for the pain and suffering they caused you and your family. You need legal representatives who know what they are doing defending your rights.
Attorney Phillip Brantley is just a phone call away. To schedule a free consultation with Houston personal injury lawyer Phillip Brantley, give us a call or fill out our online contact form today. Se habla español.